The mission of Cape Christian School is to educate students in a Christ-centered community where the Word of God is preeminent in all curricular and co-curricular instruction. Spiritual and academic excellence is at the core of our educational process as we teach and train disciples of Jesus Christ..
The Bethel Assembly of God membership voted in June, 1975, to begin a Christian School under the direct leadership of Pastor J. S. Watson, who would serve as the Chief Administrator during the beginning two years. On September 8, 1975, the first bells rang with 50 students enrolled in the kindergarten through twelfth grades. The school began using the Accelerated Christian Education curriculum (A.C.E.). Teachers were not employed in the beginning, but helpers known as monitors, some “not paid,” aided the children in the learning center.
Many transitions followed. The school changed from the A.C.E. to the A Beka Curriculum with traditional classrooms and degreed/certified staff. Grades K-3 made the transition with a new grade added each year over the next three years. In the spring semester of the 2003/04 school year the decision was made to expand the school to include 7th grade in the 2004/05 school year and 8th grade in the 2005/06 school year. At this time, CCS offers 3 yr. old – 8th grades.
The CCS mascot is the Lion.
- The Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God. ( II Timothy 3:15, II Peter 1:21 )
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. ( Genesis 1:1, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30 )
- In the deity of Christ ( John 10:33 ); His virgin birth ( Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:35 ); His sinless life ( Hebrews 4:15, 7:26 ); His miracles ( John 2:11 ); His vicarious and atoning death ( I Corinthians 15:3, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9 ); His resurrection ( John 11:25, I Corinthians 15:4 ); His ascension to the right hand of the Father ( Mark 16:19 ) His personal return in power and glory ( Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11 ).
- In the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the sinfulness of human nature; and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone are we saved ( John 3:16-19, John 5:24, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:8-9, Ephesians 2:8-10, Titus 3:5 )
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation. ( John 5:38-49 )
- In the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. ( Romans 8:9, I Corinthians 12:12-13, Galatians 3:26-28 )
- In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life ( Romans 8:13-14, I Corinthians 3:16, 6:19-20, Ephesians 4:30, 5:18 )
- That biblical marriage is limited to a covenant relationship between a man and a woman.
Reprinted from the Association of Christian Schools' Statement of Faith
Cape Christian School is committed to spiritual and academic excellence for each student non-discriminatory of race, color, gender, national, or ethnic origin. The mission of Cape Christian School is the following: